NUT PULP ENERGY BAR
Making homemade nut milk has been fun but not sure what to do with the leftover pulp? This no-bake delicious energy bar is perfect for using up the nut pulp and you can add any choice of dry fruits to make your own recipe!
- 2 cups nut pulp
- 1 cup choice of dried fruits and roasted nuts*
- 1 cup soft dates
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
*Try mixing seeds, nuts, coconut, dried flax seeds, dried fruits of your choice
- Pulse soft dates in food processor until it becomes a sticky blended mixture.
- Dry roast the nut pulp in a pan over medium heat. Set aside.
- In a pan, add maple syrup and nut butter. Mix over medium heat until well blended. Do not overcook.
- In a large bowl, combine nut pulp, dried fruits, other dry toppings, and salt. Combine well.
- Add dates and maple syrup-nut butter mixture into the bowl and combine with dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking pan. Press down with a spoon to flatten.
- Refrigerate to set for at least 2 hours then cut to squares.